Saturday, June 14, 2008

Proud Mama!

I am so proud of my little boy! Well, either that or I am just way over-emotional!!! Watching Him in his swim lessons was an interesting experience. The first day I wanted to cry because I felt so bad for him! I was sad that all the other children were a few years older and "got" what they were supposed to be doing. He literally looked like a fish out of water - pun intended. It made me sad that he couldn't, wouldn't or was too scared to do the things the other kids were doing. But I was so proud that he didn't scream his head off - and he tried to do his best.
Then I missed Tuesday because of Mutual and Wednesday because of Enrichment. Tuesday was the hardest for him because he realized he was scared. Daddy gave him a pep-talk and he came out okay. Wednesday he did better and Thursday he was great. I was so proud. I sat there with a smile on my face. He is growing up!! He made joined the train like he was supposed to, he jumped in the water like a bunny, he jumped to his teacher (from OUTSIDE the pool) and he picked up a ring (with his toes so he wouldn't have to get his face wet) but he found treasure!!! I was so proud. I tried not to show my tears because as I looked around no one was getting emotional like me...but come on it was fantastic!!!
I can't even imagine how I will feel when he writes his name, ties is shoes, or (one can only imagine) when the boy is potty-trained. Only great things to come!

Getting all ready...

Cheese?!
Listening intently to his teacher...this is how I do my best learning too!
This is his...I'm interested face - no Really!
Just about to grab on to the train...then my camera battery died!!!

Today, Friday, Aaron was sad that he couldn't go swimming with 'the boys.' I am so happy that he is no longer ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of a swimming pool!!! Next week lessons should be even better!! We can't wait!!

4 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

I am so happy that he's enjoying swimming lessons! It was so fun to see you guys yesterday, and we'll have to do it again soon! They are both getting so big! :( It happens too fast.
~Krista

Kirsten said...

Yeah!! It is so hard watching our kids go through something they don't want to do and knowing it is good for them in the long run. That's great that by the end of the week he was really enjoying them!!

Anonymous said...

Awe. How sweet. We don't have pool passes to go swimming but hoping to get them soon and we're going to have to teach Nathan how to swim.

..Kris Naven.. said...

Thanks for letting me know about your email address. Aaron and Ash are getting so big, and he looks like he is just loving swim lessons! That is awesome! And I am glad you guys love your new home!
Ttyl!

Love Always,
Kris