Sunday, March 16, 2008

MY BLESSINGS!

Have you ever felt like your whole world is falling apart before your eyes?!!! That is how I felt tonight. I even asked myself if my life, at this moment, could get any worse?!
We drove home ALL DAY from Oregon! We made good time; a little less than 10 hours. About 10 min. before arriving we stopped and picked up dinner. It was after 7pm and we hadn't fed the kids. Bad, I know, but I really wanted to be home! So just as we were leaving the restaurant with our take-out Paul said to me, "I really hate going home after a long trip." I asked why and he said, "because I'm always afraid there is something wrong with our house."
FAST FORWARD 10 MINUTES...
When we were turned onto our street we noticed a police car near our house. When we finally got to our house there was a police car AT our house, a police men on our drive way and the garage door open. This is where I started to lose it... Police do not represent "safety" to me - they remind me that "danger" is near. - I even thought that they could have been there to evict us and they were removing our stuff for us!!!
Paul and I got out of the car (leaving the car practically in the middle of street - running - with the kids in it) and asked what the problem was. He said that a neighbor had called because the garage door had been left open - he didn't know how long but for at least a day.
I LOST IT! We couldn't go inside - we had to wait for more policemen to show up. I LOST IT MORE!
While all the police were showing up all I could think was that all of our stuff was going to be gone from inside our house - our house would be trashed - or there was a dead body stashed inside...weird I know - but it had been a long emotional week.
I was still losing it! I tried all my family phone numbers but couldn't reach anybody. I think all the emotions I kept bottled up all week came out. It has been a long time since I cried like that - a long time! I called a friend who lives nearby to help me keep my sanity! Thank you Kris!
LONG STORY a little SHORTer...
All is well at home. We don't know how long the garage door was open - but the door to the house connecting from the garage was open and nothing inside was touched.
SO...my thoughts at this time are how blessed I am! Our situations could have been SO MUCH worse!!! But we were blessed and our home remained untouched. I am blessed! It was such a blessing to be in Oregon this week, it is such a blessing that my father is home and well! It is such a blessing that Paul returned safely and that we are safely home together as a family. I am so blessed!

*Okay - I am also lame! An entire week without pictures?!!!!! Tomorrow I vow to NOT go to bed until I have posted pics from OREGON!!!

4 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

I'm so glad that all is well with your home and your Dad! It sounds like your week was a much of a whirl wind of emotions as mine was! Can't wait to see you guys and we're glad that you had a good trip!

..Kris Naven.. said...

CRAZINESS! I'm glad I was able to help...I'm always here for you when you need me! Love you!

Love Always,
Kris

Lisa said...

Wow. what an event! I'm glad all is well. . . Maybe the owner stopped by to "show the house" to the foreclosure company?

Cristy said...

Lisa -
Nope! That's illegal! We checked!
I guess somehow the garage door opened the night before...and the neighbor called so it wouldn't be open the next night (the night we came home.) Why they didn't just walk over and close it is beyond me!