Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Spring...

Some people know it's Spring by the flowers. Others know it's Spring because of their allergies. Some can't wait for warmer weather and others can't wait for Spring break.
But, for me it's different. If there were no flowers, or sneezing and every day was freezing (shout out to Lisa!) and if Spring break passed and I never knew it I would still know it's Spring.
Because when it's Spring my BOYS tell me!
Tonight was the first OFFICIAL game for MLB! My hubby is a HUGE MLB fan! He is actually a huge sports fan. It amazes me that he can have a intelligent coversation about ANY sport. He typically knows what's going on everywhere!! But he loves to watch baseball!!
So - tonight the Braves played the Washington Nationals in Washington D.C. I have grown to love the Braves because I know all the players...it helps! We watched some of the game - it's hard with a soon-to-be 3 year old that we're trying to teach that TV is not for Sunday - but...The Braves were on!! We loved it!
There was one thing that happened prior to the game that upset me. A woman sang the Star Spangeld Banner...(you know every time I hear an 'opera' singer -the less I like opera singing) but anyway...the President George W. Bush came to the game to throw out the first pitch. I thought that was pretty cool - but he was BOOed walking out to the mound. I was offended. As Americans we may not agree with all the things that he does but we should RESPECT him and honor him as our President. I couldn't believe people BOOed! It hurt me! And it makes me said...but I digress!
I got to see my boys...and here are a few of My BOYS!!! Yes there are more members of the team than are listed here - but I just wanted to showcase a few of my favs!

Meet Chipper Jones (Chippy to me) he is my 3rd baseman!



Here is Brian McCann ( 2 time All-Star Catcher!) catching for his idol - John Smoltz




Jeff Franceour - One of the reasons why girls love the Braves!! He just marrieds is HSS!




He LOVES batting at the first pitch! I have to holler at him EVERY game!



Here's Tim Hudson (Timmy to me.) He is a great Pitcher...and easy on the eyes!




Here are 3 of the best PITCHERS of ALL-TIME (Tom Glavine - John Smoltz -Greg Maddux). They used to all play together for the Braves but have since departed (except Smoltzy). Tom Glavine has returned to play with Smoltzy once again but Maddox....it breaks my heart that they could not or would not...but they did not bring him home. :(

One more note - one of my ultimate favorite baseball/Braves players played a few years ago for the Braves. He had since moved on to another team but I was soooo excited because it looked like he was going to be picked up by the Braves this season...but it didn't happen and he has now retired. So...Javy Lopez my Braves watching games will not be the same without you!!!

P.S. If you find this post odd - not to worry - my hubby is an even bigger Braves fan than I am!!! He is all for my support - because if I like the players...I mean games...then he gets to see more of them (the games - not the players!) ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cristy, if you had this kind of passion for the Oakland A's, we'd be BFF!! (don't tell Vicki) Yes, I love the Oakland A's. My son David had a mitt and whiffleball/bat before he was two. And he could hit!! Oh, and Huddy played for us before he went to the Braves. We were sad to see him go!! Yes, baseball rocks.

Julie C.

Cristy said...

We'll have to make a date if the Braves come and play the A's!

Lisa said...

Ah, come on, Cris. It's not THAT cold, "freezing" as you put it. It was 37 degrees the other day, and the kids were out playing in the sun and (snow?) yes, SNOW. Well, now we're now down to 18 inches of snow -- in the shade (and front yard), and counting down! I can actually see the grass in the back yard where we plowed out a path for the kids back in Jan/Feb.

Okay, first ever real baseball game I went to was with you in Fresno, for the 4th of July celebration. . . 1997? Sounds about right.

Nick and I try to get to maybe one game a year. I just don't have the desire like you do. enjoy your "boys" and their games. ;)