Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First...LAUGH

Some days have the potential to be a good day or a bad day, no matter what you do. Today is one those of those days. But, when those days come...laugh when you can.
A couple of weeks ago I lent a book to a friend from book club. I had the book club book - but I didn't need to finish reading it because I was going to be in Oregon during the review. So, I lent her the book and she asked if I would mind if she took it to Cancun. I didn't mind. I like my books being world travelers.
Anyway, she called me this morning and asked if she could return the book. I told her it was okay and that she didn't need to make a special trip but she insisted. I thought, "okay."
So, Kathy and Jan showed up on my door. One with my book, the other with a plate of cookies. I wondered if they knew what was going on in my life. But the didn't. They had a funny story to tell.
They went to Cancun together and Jan wanted Kathy to finish the book quicker so that she could read it. Jan kept pestering Kathy so Kathy took the book ripped in half and gave the other part to Jan. They laughed! Their husbands couldn't stop laughing...and I laughed. That was one way to solve the problem. They brought me another copy but I told them absolutely not! I want the copy that is ripped. I will always laugh when I see it!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Funny. What was the book that was so good and fought over?

Cristy said...

The Piano Tuner

kelly said...

I may need to get that book. Looks like you have some good friends. I'd want to keep the ripped copy too, I like a book that has been put to good use!

Cristy said...

It was put to really good use! It was even dropped in a pool!!!

Lisa said...

Wow. First it traveled to Cancun, then decided to go for a swim! Wonder where else it will decide to go. . .
Keep us posted!

Audrey said...

That's too funny Cristy! Thanks for sharing and making me chuckle!