Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life...

NOTE - This POST is more for ME and my documentation - read along if you would like.
I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. The old saying that "all will come together for your [or my] good" is solid stuff! I am experiencing a bit of this "stuff" now...here in Oregon.
We made it here okay...Ash was a beast most of the time! I was worried about Aaron and him getting bored and tired but he was an angel!! I brought him books and toys and movies and crayons and all things fun for Aaron!! But what about Ashlyn you ask?! I didn't even think about it! I thought she would just hang out like she usually does. I was wrong!!
Anyways a billion hours later we made it to Oregon. It sure is beautiful here! The only thing that would make this place absolutely perfect would be more SUN!!
Okay...now the stuff...(the coming together for my good...stuff.)
So, on Saturday, Shelli (my sis-in-law) and I were talking about how I feel about the move to Texas (someday when it happens...) I told her that for the most part I am okay with it except I would be very sad if something happened to my Dad and he died before his "time." "Time" for me is about when he's 112. I would be very sad that my sisters get to see him everyday and I do not get that opportunity! Then, not 10 minutes later my sister, Kelli, called on the telephone for my brother. That's weird I thought. He went outside to talk and Shelli asked me if something was wrong with my Dad. I told her I didn't think so, but immediately I felt sick! We (all 10 of us) were all waiting around the dinner table when Dave (my bro) walked in from the backyard and told us that Dad had had a heart attack. He and Mom were on their way home for Palms Springs and they stopped, just after leaving, to shop and get something to eat. Dad said he felt like he was going to faint, mom told him to sit down, he did, and then fainted. He came to and then fainted again. 911 was called. The were transporting him to an emergency room and he "coded" or "flat-lined" two times while in the ambulance. They gave him EP or "epinephrine" (I think) and he came back both times. Still...not good.
When I heard all this I LOST IT! My Dad is my hero! I look up to him probably more than anyone else on earth!! When Paul and I were first married Paul was often annoyed that after he (Paul) would tell me something - I didn't agree until I called and asked my Dad's opinion!
I was devastated to say the least! After an immediate family prayer I immediately called my mom on her cell phone and Dad answered! He picked it up, probably knowing it was me and said, "Stop crying...I am NOT going to die!" I laughed...but he promised me! And I believe him!
Right now he is still in that same hospital. He was in ICU until today where he is now DUO? - DOU? - something, observation, something? Meaning he's doing better. He is just waiting to go to another hospital where they can do a "Something-cardio-something-gram?" and an angioplasty...but it might not have even been a heart attack...I need to find out more!!!
Anyways...long story longer...this has (coming to Oregon) come together for my good because if I would have gone to Visalia instead of here while Paul is in Texas I would have gone to be with my parents along with my sisters. But that would have left the care of my children to somebody else. And since he is going to be fine, heaven willing, I am thankful that I listened to the inspiration of coming here to Oregon!!
I love you Dad! I pray for you daily! All of this will come together for your good!
On a different note I am still waiting to see how me losing my house will come together for my good...but it will...it better...

-I hate blogs without pics - so next time more pics!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a week! You guys have been in our prayers this past week and will continue to be. Like you, I know things will work out. Keep us posted on how your dad is doing and how house hunting is going. Enjoy Oregon! :)

Kirsten said...

Wow...you have been through a lot lately. I am sorry about your Dad and glad to hear that it sounds like everythings ok. I might have to ask Ammon to translate those medical terms so I can understand too. Feel free to ask him if you ever have any medical quesstions or need to understand something they are doing. Anyway, glad to hear that things are going better. It is hard to be so far away from family though when something happens. If anyone knows and understands, we do.
Second I am not sure I understand completely about your house, but hopefully everything works out for the best and we'll be praying for you too. When would you have to move?

Ryan said...

Your mastery of medical terminology astounds me :) Just thought I'd give you a little validation. Stay dry.

Cristy said...

Laura - thank you!
Kirsten - I think I need Ammon to translate for me too!! And the house we were renting is being sold at an auction (because of forclosure) on March 18th! We just found out! We could have to move as little as 3 days after the 18th! I praying it's not that quick! We haven't found a house yet (that's suitable) but hopefully soon!
AND RYAN - I got an "A" in medical terminology at City College!!! And... I would be able to stay dry if there wasn't a law against the use of umbrellas!!!

Becca said...

Cristy, wow our prayers are with you guys too. I'm glad that your dad is ok. He is a really neat man and your mom is amazing too. Keep us posted on how everything is going. Good luck with your house. I'm sorry, man when it rains it pours. I know that the Lord will help you and bless you. You deserve it!! Keep your chin up!!

Lisa said...

I was checking to see how you were doing. My dad told me this afternoon what happened. I'm glad that you are okay, and ESPECIALLY that your parents are okay, too. It's WAY too soon to lose another family member, so tell your dad that I said, he had BETTER stay! :) Scary, though. We'll be thinking of you and your family, even way out here in Idaho.

Lisa said...

Oh, and about being way out in Oregon. . . Are you anywhere near "FORKS"? hee hee :D