Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Super Yummy Carmel Corn!!!

I needed to make a treat for an activity last night - and I remember having some Super Yummy Carmel Corn made by a friend back in California! I got the recipe yesterday and made it! I was right! It is Super Yummy! So, I thought I would share (hope that's okay...) the recipe so everyone can enjoy! From the kitchen of Alice J.

Cracker Jack Popcorn
1/2 C. Popcorn, popped (about 3 quarts)
1/4 C. Corn Syrup
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1/2 C. Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar

Set aside popcorn in large microwavable bowl.
In a saucepan heat butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. While stirring
constantly, boil 1 minute. Add Baking Soda. Stir until foamy (about 1 minute).
Pour mixture over popcorn and fold in. Then cook in microwave (at
power level 8 or 9 if the microwave cooks higher than 1,000 watts - to keep it from scorching.)
  • Cook in microwave 1 1/2 min. then stir
  • Cook another 1 1/2 min. then stir
  • Cook 30 seconds then stir
  • Cook 30 seconds then stir

Spread the mixture evenly over wax paper and let cool. Store in
airtight container to keep it from getting soggy! ENJOY!!

This is how I do it!!
Pop it!

Get it all out...


Melt it - then let it boil...

get it foamy- with the b.s...

Pour it...or have husband pour it...

mix it - cook it - mix it - cook it - mix it - cook it - mix it - cook it - mix it

and spread it out!!!


How easy was that?!!!
Here is our treat for choir!!! Yum Yum!! It was soooo good yesterday - had to make it again today!!

4 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Yum!!! My mouth started watering reading the ingredients, and then it really started watering when I saw the pictures!!! Ok, I need to wipe my drool now! J/K! it looks delicious!!!

Bowman Clan said...

I remember that carmel corn. it was supper delicious. I think I ate more than the kids. I'll have to try and make it. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Anonymous said...

oohhh! i love caramel corn!!! i just stinks that i have to wait till like march to eat it!!!! i absolutely hate having braces!!! they effect what i can and what i cannot eat!!! :(
but at least ill have straight teeth before i turn 16 :)
<9 Kay

Anonymous said...

Looks like the ingredients are the same as the recipe I have used for years with the exception of using the microwave instead of baking in the oven for an hour.

I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Love you

Mom
xoxoxox