Monday, November 24, 2008

The Cold Ones!!!

After the Pinewood Derby a bunch of ladies from the ward went to see the 11:00pm showing of TWILIGHT!!!

First - we went to Cold Stone!! It was FRIGID outside too!!



There were 12 of us member-ladies in the theater!!!
In the pic on the left - our ladies - we're supposed to be raising their hands but then the teens starting doing it too! It was funny!


Jennifer and me! Sista's from another mother...

A few of us after - with THE POSTER!!


We left the theater about 1:30am! It was 17 degrees outside! Probably 10 degrees with the wind-chill factor!!! Holy BRAIN-FREEZE COLD!!! I couldn't even put a coherent thought together!!! I was definitely feeling like one of the "Cold Ones!"

Here is the ice that Jen got at 6pm!!! As you can see it is STILL frozen and it is now 1:30am!!!!
I still can't even process the cold!!! How do SO MANY people live like this?!!!!!
I had such a fun time!!! I missed my Manteca Gals! I wish we could have seen it together! But I'm am sooooooooooooooo THANKFUL that I am making new friends here!!


TWILIGHT REVIEW

Okay - so - I loved the FIRST book with the rest of them!!! I was SO excited to see the movie! But I was disappointed! I felt like I was at a comedy because the drama was sooooo cheesy! I could NOT stop laughing!!! I didn't feel that the book was that cheesy!! I wanted to LOVE Edward! But half the time I couldn't get Johnny Depp's CREEPY movies out of my head! And Jasper? Oh my heck!!? What was his problem!!! And Bella! We are supposed to BE Bella!!! But the stuttering and the CONSTANT eye blinking - I didn't relate!

I need to see it again - in a different setting and try to enjoy rather that analyze and scrutinize - maybe I will like it better! But seriously - they KNEW it was going to make money and with the exception of the AWESOME Ballet Studio scene - it looked like a low budget film! Come on!!

I think I'm more SAD about it than anything else! What an opportunity! I was impressed that they did not go overboard on the language and sensuality! Not too bad for a PG-13 "teen" movie! It could have been a lot worse!!

4 comments:

De Oliveira's said...

Looks like bunches of fun!

Anonymous said...

i want to see that movie so bad! a lot of ppl have said it was good but then again a lot of ppl have said it was bad... oh well i guess its just an opinion and i think that it would be fun to go see it while ur out here!!!!
<9 Kay

..Kris Naven.. said...

I posted back to you on my blog! I am going to go see it tonight with my Mom, and this time around I am going with a more open mind! And I know I will enjoy it much more! But I am with you...I kept looking at Mal and Krista thinking, "Is this supposed to be funny? Because this is hillarious!" Lol! I wish I could have seen it with you-we would have shared some good laughs! I will let you know what I think the second time around, and I want to know what you think if you go and see it again!

kelly said...

I loved the movie. I have seen it twice. It was a low budget movie because they didn't have lot's of money, but they will now for all the rest. I was unhappy with the vampires makeup, but I thought the cast was awesome. I didn't like who they chose for Edward until I saw him in the movie. I thopught Bella fit her character perfectly, but I was also a fan of Jasper, he's a new "vegetarian" and therefore always very uncomfortable, I thought he did a great job acting without having many lines.