The Last Post is funny (thank you Julie - no "a" - C.) because why would one need to "Beware of Dog" when it's a CHAIN LINK FENCE!!! You could see the dog! And - I had never even seen a dog in the backyard my first two weeks here! - which added to the funny!
See, in California - a lot of people have "Beware of Dog" signs and/or signs advertising a home security system - but they DON'T have a dog or a real security system! It is to prevent burglars from choosing their home!
So...it's funny that the neighbors have a "Beware of Dog" sign - with no Dog (that I ever saw - then...) on a SEE-THROUGH CHAIN-LINK FENCE!!!!
Is is funny now?
Probably not!
If you don't think it's funny - but you want to explain what the neighbors are most likely meaning by the sign - don't bother - I get it!
4 comments:
ha! first one!! woo hoo!!!!!
anyways... i think that ive live out here too long to realize that! that is funny now that u explain it...:P maybe their originally from CA too!!!! hehe:P
<9 Kay
You're silly!!! And Yes, I do get it now!!!
I get it...and yes I think you are funny. I love how you find humor in it all...you crack me up and I love your way of looking at life!!! You will fit it and you do...everyone there just needs to hang out with you more and develop a better sense of humor!! How's living in Indy going?
I get it Cristy, and I think it's funny too!:) And I've seen those signs here and thought the same EXACT thing...kinda a pointless sign if you can SEE the dog. It's just this whole fence-less part of the country we live in. Lucky us, when the guy moved in next door he informed us that he has two siberian huskies (like those giant wolf dogs?) and said he'd be fencing. Yay, so we only need to fence one side now. And yes, I think the whole "chain link" idea for fences is just...well, the "naughty" word in our house--STUPID!! And pretty much pointless--defeating the purpose of a fence!!!:)
Post a Comment