Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life...

Life here in Indy is going fine. I am
Freaked out,
Insecure,
Neurotic, and
Emotional. I'm FINE! Just kidding...kind of!
Paul and I got new callings at church. He is the Secretary in the Young Men's Presidency and the Ward Employment Specialist and I am the Ward Activities Committee Chair and the Ward Choir Accompanist - I also taught R.S. last Sunday!!!! We are busy!!!
My home is becoming more and more - my home, I am meeting more friends every day and we are all trying to stay busy! It is SUPER COLD here - so that is something that has kept the cabin fever alive! They say I'll get used to it...I don't believe it yet!
I LOVE my neighbors!!! The gals next door babysit for me which is a HUGE BLESSING!!!! And our "member neighbors" have been a blessing like no other! Latacha has been keeping me sane here! She understands me! It's nice to know there is someone I can go to at anytime!!! And she's just 2 doors down!!! I was feeling WAY homesick a couple of days ago and she called to see how I was feeling - the sun hadn't been out in a few days. I told her how I was doing! Not GOOD!!! So that night she calls me up and tells me she is bringing me over a present. 2 seconds later she was on my doorstep with HOT homemade bread and jam!!! A little bit of comfort!
It is humbling to think that the Lord is so aware of me to give me a neighbor like her!!! He knows what I need! I need someone to understand me and be my friend!!
The neighbors across the street, the Fabian's, were baptized last Saturday! That was a super cool. Mom and Dad got baptized along with Dad's brother, and they have 3 adorable little girls and a handsome little man who are not 8 yet!! It's been a blessing to watch them grow in the gospel!
Well...as I was about to continue - I would leave nothing left for the Christmas card...so I will stop!
I miss my family something fierce!!! I miss Tri-tip sandwiches from Doghouse Grill, See's candy, Thrifty Ice cream (Choc. Malted Crunch), Winco, Mickey, Manteca-gals, Becca, Leslie, and most definitely My SISTERS!!!!*
This is definitely a new feeling of not being able to just go home! I can't load the kids in the car and drive to Visalia for a few days!!! As soon as I can get over that THOUGHT without crying...things will start to be a little brighter here...even without the sun!

*I also miss (almost) all those who are reading this post. ; )
So if you are thinking...I'm not that list...don't worry - your name is written - in my heart! ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I need your new email address. I tried the old one and my message came back, duh. You have my email address because it hasn't changed. If not, call me because I don't have your phone number either--and mine hasn't changed. I don't want to lose touch!

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love ur posts they r the greatest thing in the world to me... i want to get a blog so that i can post instead of sending out emails that are 5 miles long... but it is pointless if there aren't any pics.. so i just have to wait until i get a camera...:P
<9 Kay

kelly said...

Awww, I got me a new friend too that I needed so desperately. Friends keep you sane!

Kelsey Marie said...

Im so glad that you are getting more settled in your new home! What a blessing to have such awesome neighbors around you to help you as well. Good luck to the both of you in your new callings as well, I know you will do an amazing job in them!

The Drinkwater Family said...

"Friends are like eggs and roses you know, they come in dozens too!" ~Julie "Saturday's Warrior" HAHA!!! "You've got friends in low places." ~Garth Brooks J/K Having friends is a great blessing, and I'm so happy that you've made some in Indy! Your Manteca Gals miss you, but are happy for you and the experiences you're having!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Can I say ditto to Krista's? Ditto!!! And also, "Friends are like stars, you might not always see them, but you know they are always there." I am glad you are making new friends out there, but just know that we miss you here too!