Thursday, April 10, 2008

What Is a Rock Star?

My Friends are Rock Stars! People who help, give of themselves and tell you, "I'm here to work! Don't get in my way!"

Last week as Paul and I did not know where we were going to live or what we were going to do, I wondered if the Lord had heard our prayers. I think we all go through "things" in life where we wonder if our problems are significant enough. But now I see that not only have my prayers been answered, but I have been blessed in more ways than I thought imaginable! I have been blessed through other people in ways that I never have before. I am so thankful for friends! Not just friends but also I am thankful to belong to a Relief Society. I belong to a Society that is strong and immovable in the ways of the Lord. We serve, we do what's right and we are there for those in need. I am definitely blessed.

This past weekend my family came to hang out for conference weekend and my niece had an Odyssey of the Mind Competition. While here they entertained me, my kids, and started packing! My brother-in-laws packed my entire kitchen!!! They are Rock Stars!!!


Hi Ry! the Rock Star!!

Patty-Whack - the Freaky Rock Star!!


Mister give hugs to Ash - over and over and over! What a little Rock Star!


Everyone dancing like a Rock Star!


A Rock Star Line Up!


A Rock Star sittin' pretty - although one Rock Star sis is missing!!


And my Rock Star niece aka Partner in 'hair' crime!



On Tuesday my friend Shannon Morrow brought her two teenage sons came over in the morning and we loaded up my Van and their Suburban! While we went to take the load over to the new house my friend (who's a REALLY good friend of my big sis's from Visalia - but who just moved into my ward - my old ward) Kim Bodily, came over to watch the kids so I didn't have to take them! They are all Rock Stars! I wish I would have taken pictures!!!

AND THEN...on Tuesday night Shannon and the Relief Society President (who is also my friend) came to my new house and helped me unpack and put together my new kitchen! Rock Stars!! Kim and her husband Garrett came over again on Tuesday night so we could start unpacking and clean the new house! Rock Stars!!

On Wednesday morning Julie Crockett (the Stake President's wife - but shhhh she doesn't like it when I introduce her like that) came over with her BFF Vicki Checketts and said, "We're here to work! Don't get in our way! They loaded up their 2 SUV's and my van!!! ROCK STARS!!!

Rock Star aka Vicki!


Rock Star aka Julie - with an 'e'


Working Rock Stars!

Makin' it ALL fit! This is how Rock Stars roll!

And then today the Morrow's came back as did President Rock Star to take more loads. All the cars TWO TIMES!!!! Could they be anymore of a Rock Star?!!


I'm not sure a Stake President's wife is allowed to be a Rock Star.... but she SO IS!!!

THERE AIN'T NO WAY YOU COULD HATE ON THIS PIC GRANDMA!!!!
Ash makin' friends with Rock Star Mark!
My two little Rock Stars!
The ULTIMATE ROCK STAR FAMILY!!! THE MORROW'S and President Rock Star!
And Finally on the Biggest Rock Stars I know!!! Melanie and her little girl!
Thank you everyone who has helped and offered!!! I appreciate all the Rock Stars in my life. I don't think I have ever had the opportunity to know so many!!! I will never forget you all and as our lives move on and in different directions I am a better person because of all the friends that I have made. I never thought that moving away from Fresno was quite possibly the BEST thing that EVER happened to me!! Who knew?!...wait, someone did!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you all are being well taken care of. That certainly makes me happy and gives me peace of mind. What goes around comes around, so you all have obviously done your fair share of service as well. :) What a blessing the Church and the love we all have for each other is!

Lisa said...

Oh, Cristy! I'm so glad you got some help. There really are some great people out there, especially in the church. I'm glad to hear you are moving out/moving in quickly. I hope you can feel at home just as fast in your new home and ward.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at all those amazing rockstars...too bad I am not in there...:] I am still waiting for my picture to be on there!