Saturday, April 5, 2008

Trial of Faith

It seems as though there are certain times, which in the big scheme of things are probably only moments, in which life is just plain hard. These past few weeks have been the epitome of one of "those" times! The house that we were renting foreclosed and after thinking that all would be well, we were wrong. Paul and I have both spent countless hours driving around looking for those ever precious "FOR RENT" signs and even more hours on the Internet looking for properties.

The old saying of "it's darkest before the dawn" was our day yesterday. Yesterday I was told that if we did not vacate the property by the 17th of this month we would be "evicted" and that would go on OUR record!! WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!! WE MADE OUR PAYMENTS IN FULL AND ON TIME!!! The bank didn't/doesn't care!!!

Needless to say, yesterday was filled with a lot of heartache and tears! On the brighter side my sisters and their families came to visit yesterday for this Conference weekend. Yesterday evening as we were brain storming what we were going to do...like put our stuff in storage, bunk with someone for a little while, send me to Visalia or Texas...we got a phone call! After many days of fasting and praying our prayers have been answered!

Last week we went through a house and LOVED it!!! Big house, big yard and right price!! We were the first couple to see the property but they had 10 other couples!! We thought we didn't have a chance...but we got it!!!

This time is VERY bitter-sweet because the home is NOT in the ward we currently live in. We just could NOT find a home in the ward. We had half the ward searching for us too!!! But I know in my heart that for some reason we are needed in this other ward. But my heart is still sad. I have grown to love so many people in just 8 short months!! The women that I have met here have been some of the greatest women I have EVER known!!! Maybe the Lord thought I was getting too attached because Texas is our next stop! lol!

Anyways, the next adventure will be a learning experience and I will put as much energy in loving this new ward as I did my last...so I will be okay...I have to be!

But in the meantime...here's my new house!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Cristy, I'm so glad that you guys have a new house. Sad that you have to leave your new ward, though. I can understand when you find a ward that fits just right and it just feels like home. I hope you can make this new ward another home for you. Good luck in moving. Wish we were closer. I would help you move. And maybe even make some cookies. Take care!

..Kris Naven.. said...

It looks really nice! I am so glad you guys got it, because now you don't have to stress any more. Even though we won't be in the same ward anymore...Manteca isn't that big...so we will still see you often. It will be nice to have a backyard too for the kids to play! What a relief finally for you guys! Glad it worked out! i can't wait to see it!

Love Always,
Kris

The Drinkwater Family said...

I know that a weight has been lifted for the two of you. Trials make us stronger, although they test us beyond the limits we think we can handle. You'll enjoy the new ward, you can make friends any where you go. We'll still see you. You'll technically live closer to us!:) Congrats!

kelly said...

I can understand leaving a ward that is home to you. When we left Sanger I thought I could never feel at home anywhere else, and good news, I do! I love our ward and couldn't be happier, unless they were both together! It will all be good, you'll see!!!

Audrey said...

Glad you found a new place so quickly. Steve and I know what it is like to find a home under pressure; we found three in six months, the last two within a month of each other. It's a long story, but I know it's a scary time. Some how things always work out. I was wondering if we were just meant to stay where we were even though we couldn't do that either! But when we finally found the house, it was great. A big sigh of relief. It looks like you guys did pretty good though, that's a beautiful house. Is that your Escalade in the drive too? ;)

Kirsten said...

It's funny, well not funny-but you know what I mean!, that sometimes the hardest moments in our life actually become the things that mold us the best. I know, after moving here for who knew what reasons, that there are very few other places we would rather be now. I lOVE the outside of your new home. It is beautiful! If we were closer, we would come help you move but I am glad things are working out better now. Can't wait to see pictures of the inside!

Lawrensons said...

Nice looking house! Congrats on finding one. Which ward are you in now? Good luck with the move and making your new house your home!

--Misty