
Today Paul and I have been married 8 years!!! I can't believe I fell in love with my sweetheart over 10 years ago! I feel old! But as I look back on my life, I realize that all the experiences I've had, all the people I've met and all the problems we have had to endure have all come together "for my good."
As I look back at that special day 8 years ago I laugh when I think about how stressed out I was. So, I was sick the night before (I get that way with too much stress and not enough sleep) and it was raining. The harder I prayed for the rain to stop - the harder it rained!! But the next morning was beautiful. The rain had actually washed away all the smog and the day turned out to be crystal-clear! Everything about the day was perfect! Sometimes I get ideas in my head about how I want things to be and sometimes the actual thing doesn't quite live up to my idea but - oh my goodness - my reception is still to this day the prettiest reception I have ever been to (well the prettiest mormon-reception-in-a-cultural-hall-kind of reception - that is.)
As I look back at that special day 8 years ago I laugh when I think about how stressed out I was. So, I was sick the night before (I get that way with too much stress and not enough sleep) and it was raining. The harder I prayed for the rain to stop - the harder it rained!! But the next morning was beautiful. The rain had actually washed away all the smog and the day turned out to be crystal-clear! Everything about the day was perfect! Sometimes I get ideas in my head about how I want things to be and sometimes the actual thing doesn't quite live up to my idea but - oh my goodness - my reception is still to this day the prettiest reception I have ever been to (well the prettiest mormon-reception-in-a-cultural-hall-kind of reception - that is.)
How long have you been together? 10 1/2 years!
What is the first thing that went though your head when you met? "Are you kidding me right now! You are so wrong!!!" We met at the FCC Institute and I was playing ping-pong to control the radio. As I was playing someone else I was talking about a new song that was playing. I said that a certain singer sang it...he never talked...but then he piped in that it was actually someone else. It turned out that we BOTH were right. The song "How Do I Live" is recorded by both LeAnne Rimes AND Trisha Yearwood.
Do you remember what he was wearing? No. But if I HAD to guess I would say that he was wearing some too-light colored blue jeans that were to too-tight for his 110 lb. body and a white T-shirt. And I would probably be right! lol!
Who said "I love you" first? He would probably say me...and...I can't remember...and either can he...it must have been something pretty special huh?
Where was the first time you kissed? His house...sometime in November of 1997...
How did he ask you out? Actually I was the pursuer in the beginning. I invited him to all the activities and he always said, "I'm busy..." "I'm doing something with my family..." BLAH BLAH BLAH but he finally gave in because I never gave up. As it turns out he thought I was dating another guy from the ward that I was always with...and that is why he played it cool...whatever!! It's funny to think back...that guy that Paul thought I was dating...I asked him what he thought of Paul (they served on the Institute Council together) and he said that, "Paul doesn't say much, but when he does you listen." That is still true!!
How did he/she ask you out? Did he? I'll ask him when he gets home...
Where did you go on your first date? I say to his house...and he says to a dance...I'll explain more a little later in another question...
Do you get along with his ex's? Probably...if he had any! He saved himself for me! ahhh...but there was this one girl that liked him and hated me just because we were dating!!! wow!
Does he get along with your ex's? hmmm.... I don't have any ex's - I saved myself for him! lol! I might get struck my lightening with that... well...I'm thinking...I'm sure he would "get along" with all of them. Does he think I always made a wise choice...probably not. One funny story...there is "one" boy that I would consider my high school sweetheart and it turns out that this boy knew Paul before I did. They went to some kind of Scout Camp together. Paul was this young man's leader!!! And Paul was about 2 seconds away from giving this boy a quarter, because of his behavior, to call home to be picked up!! lol!!! (I apologize if I offend anyone with this story!)
How long did you know him before you became a couple? I say we met at the beginning of October and that we became exclusive in the middle of November...but I'm sure he'd say something different!
Quick Side Bar: I didn't "meet" him at the ping-pong experience - I actually met him on October 3, 2007. A friend of mine and I were flying to SLC to see another guy...lol!...and as we were leaving the Institute Paul said "Bye Cristy." I asked my friend who that was because I was surprised he knew my name. Well at the airport I saw him again! We were on the same plane! He was going to his mission reunion - or so he says! And he always tells everyone that I stalked him!! huh!
How did he propose? Well after over 2 years of dating, trips to Utah, Disneyland, family reunions, weekends with his family at the coast, and a semester at BYU, and a lot of tears and a few ultimatums.... Paul decided that he wanted to get married....and then he changed his mind. Granted that I had just left BYU in order for us to get married! HE CHANGED HIS MIND!!! But then he decided again after going to the temple that he wants to get married....and then he changed his mind again...but then FINALLY after a few MORE LONG LONG weeks...he proposed! I'll share the story another time!
When and where were you married? We were married on Friday - April 14, 2000. We were the first married in the Fresno, California Temple!
Where did you go on your Honeymoon? We took a week-long cruise!! I can't wait to take another!
Do you have any kids? We have two adorable children. Aaron just turned 3! And our beautiful Ashlyn just turned one. We fell very blessed to have these children in our lives. It took many years and a lot of prayers and medical help to have our children but we are so happy!!!
What is your most embarrasing moment together? Well, for me we were at my sis-in-laws wedding luncheon and an old boyfriend of mine was in attendance. (This was after I had been married only 1 year!) I was sitting at a table with my hubby and ALL of his brothers and this old boyfriend walks over with his girlfriend (now his wife that I think is awesome - but I didn't know her then) well, they walk over and he asks me if they can join our table. What was I going to say? Of course!! He then sits down right next to me. Oh my goodness!!! Then through our the rest of the luncheoun he and Paul both start telling funny stories about me! I could have died!! The funniest part, they thought, was that both of them thought their first date with me was a date but I didn't think so...both ended badly (the dates...not the relationships...well actually one did...but anyways...!!! lol!!! As I look back now I should have embrassed the experience and laughed at the person I used to be. Next time I will do just that!
Who is smarter? I think Paul is smarter at whatever he WANTS to be smarter at! He is rarely wrong when it comes to California Employment Laws and anythings that has anything to do with his job and he knows everything that has anything to do with Sports!!! But I as a much better student. I can definitely take a test!!! Whereas...my husband is no longer allowed to go back to school! His next wife can let him get his Juris Doctorate!
Who pays the bills? He does! But in case of emergency I do know where to go to find what needs to be found...oh my! Paul better live until he's 100! Or at least longer than me!
Who cooks dinner? hmmm...I plead the 5th! But Chili's does tonight! Happy Anniversary!
Who drives the car when you're together? If we're in a hurry - I do! He doesn't want his "first" ticket!
Who is more stubborn? hmmm...I'll think about it...
What's the most expensive thing he has given you? Well, if you don't count the kids...I would say my van! I love my van! Whenever I'm having a hard day I just think about my van and I am instantly in a better mood!
Have you ever broken the law together? Well, if you want to get "technical" about it...today!
Who wears the pants in the family? He does...until he gets home! lol!
Where do you see yourself 15 years from now? Oh my! My husband will be almost 50! ouch!! But I will be even more in love with him than I am now! We will hopefully have a few more kids...and some may even be POTTY TRAINED!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! Hopefully I will have stopped talking and starting writing by book and Paul will be something - somewhere that he loves! But we will always be a family!
Do you see him in your future? To quote another blog...I don't see my future without him!
Happy Anniversary Pauly! I love you more every day! We have had 8 wonderful years of marriage and I hope to have 80 more! But it gets even better! We also have the eternities!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I still remember the first time I met you. I came home from somewhere and Paul had some girl in the family room with him sitting on the couch. It was absolutely bizarre! Paul never brought girls home. :) Hope you had a nice anniversay through all the madness of getting resettled!
Happy Anniversary... you have a beautiful family. I have to giggle because we just missed you at disneyland we were there nov 1st. I'm also glad you found a new place to live, how tough is that.
Well we send you our love. Got your blog bookmarked now. Baby coming soon. I hope. I'll keep you posted, Mariana
Happy Anniversary! I hope your day and evening was a great one. How was Chili's?
Re: Dr Pepper
OH MY GOSH/HECK/GOLLY (INSERT OTHER UTAH FAVORITE WORD HERE)!!! THIS MAY BE ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING MOMENTS OF MY LIFE! THIS IS MAKING ME CHOKE UP...
-Dustin
Happy Anniversary! Hard to believe that was 8 years ago. I guess all that stalking really paid off. Can't believe Paul has hung in there so long, JK!
PS - Thought of you the other day when I wore my dress from your wedding, (thanks for picking out such a great dress!)
Post a Comment