Friday, January 18, 2008

Thank Heaven for Little Girls!


It boggles my mind how some people decide how many children they are going to have before they ever have them. I get it if they get a 'feeling' about it if it's a big number or any number over 'one'. But what I am talking about, are the people who decided before they ever have one that they are only going to have one!! They spout off excuses like it's too expensive, over-population, yada yada yada, I pretend to listen. How can they know?

My first child....

Difficult birth, difficult recovery, difficult infant...

It had gone through my mind when I had my second child that if the events were anything like the first, the second would be the last. But thank heaven for little girls!! If I had decided that one was enough I would never know the joy of two!! I would never know how some babies are just happy. They eat well and thank heaven sleep well!!

Ashlyn is a joy in every possible sense. When other mother's used to talk to me about how they can just lay their child down to sleep and then the child sleeps for 12 hours straight, I always thought two things. 1. The mother is lying and wants me to think her child is perfect because she is the perfect mother, or 2. The child is drugged. (She must be the reason why infant Pediacare is not longer sold over-the-counter.) But, now I must repent for my previous thoughts because I can lay my sweet baby girl down to sleep at night and she sleeps 12 hours straight!! But, my pediacare is almost out.....Just kidding!! ;)
Aaron on the other hand doesn't think he needs sleep!!

The sweetest baby girl!
"Okay Dad, let go..."
"I'm standing!! All by myself!"
Lovin' my muffin!
A little static-cling anyone?
Big Texas-smile for mom.
Big Blue Eyes!!
Crazy-attached to her blanket! Thank you Grandma Michaelson!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashlyn is the best baby ever. We are sooooooooooo blessed to have her for our baby girl.

Unknown said...

Amen - little girls are wonderful! I love the pictures you posted - they are all so cute!

Kirsten said...

She is a doll...she looks so sweet and you dress her so cute too! When is she a year old? Did it already happen or is it coming up soon? I can't remember but I think it was around this time! She is a cutie!

Cristy said...

Ashyln turns 1 on Feb. 2nd! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by! Some days seem long but the months and years are going too quickly!

juicy said...

Ok, here is my comment. My goodness girl, no wonder the dishes never get done. You're on the computer. You should keep these little blips, they make a great journal. Seriously though, you should write your own column for a magazine or newspaper. I love to read your work. Now I must go so my dishes.
Love from your sis
Juicy