Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year's

Happy New Year's!! I can't believe it is already January! I honestly don't feel like I have had a real breather in the last month! We have been some traveling fools, but I am glad for the experiences we have had and the friendships we have strengthened.
I have much to be thankful for as we begin this new year. One of the major things I am thankful for is my family. Me immediate family, my extended family and my in-lawed family. My thankfulness has increased because of some events that have occurred within the past few weeks.
On Christmas Eve Eve my maternal grandmother passed away. And while that was hard, emotional, sad and heart breaking, the events that followed were amazing. Her passing brought our family together. A few months ago we had a McNaughton family reunion. There were more people in attendance (around 90!) for Grandma's funeral than at the family reunion, but I didn't do what I wanted to do at the Reunion. I regretted not talking and getting-to-know more people I had not connected with in years. I did have my hands full with Aaron and Ashlyn but still the regrets remained. Until now. I am a new woman! I left my comfort zone and talked to more family whom I can now call family. The kind of family that I would actually call if I was visiting their hometown just to see them. And it's a GREAT feeling. So, let me introduce you to my family. 98% of these people are my family by blood but some are by love. And all the kiddies were running around so these are mostly the adults...


The Six McNaughton Children together

In birth order...

Michelle and Michael

Uncle Dennis and Aunt Gloria

Cousin Kendra and Katie

Margaret (Matt on a business call)

LaVar and Sue Christensen

Uncle Austin and Aunt Barbara

Sharon and Ray Darnell

Uncle Mark and Cousin Marci

Aunt Kathy and Uncle Matt

Uncle Austin and Bethany

Lisa and Nick



Uncle Steve and Aunt Linda


Lanette and Phil


Haley and Aaron



Paul and Gretchen


Kelli and Ryan


My handsome man wearing a tie!


Steven trying to smile nicely!


Julie and Pat


Misty and Dustin


Roy and Mitsy Spears

I realize now that many family members are missing from my photos but until Phil will share the wealth of photos he has the rest may end up in obscurity. ;)
Anyways the entire week was wonderful...well as wonderful it could be. But there is nothing like the kind of strength one can find when family is around. I am indeed grateful for my eternal family and the time we were able to spend with one another. I hope that is does not take 20 years for this special time to happen again. And when I say special - I mean spending time together, freezing together at Cheesecake Factory, laughing together and getting to re-know each other - I don't mean at a funeral! Love you all!

No comments: