Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Good Day...


Today is a good day. As I was doing my hair this morning I was thinking about today. I thought to myself, "Self", (that's what I call myself when were talking) "today is good day!" Why? You may ask. Today is a good day because he is alive. (He is Paul.) He called me yesterday, just after he was supposed to be home, to tell me that he almost died!! He was walking around his facility and a box fell from 30 ft above his head and just missed him!!
I am very lucky to have him. He makes every day a little easier, a little brighter, and a little better. He is an awesome father, a wonderful provider and a valient protector. I have said many times that I wish all my friends had husbands just like mine!! I'm not sure what I did to deserve him. Wait...I know...it was not marryng all the other boys who wanted to marry me...lol! Just kidding...kind of...;)
He was definitly worth the wait! Kind of like the other little man in my life!
So to all of you whose eyes are within vision of my writing...be thankful for today. Make today a good day. Be a little kinder, a little more gentle and a little more loving to those in your life. You never know when today could be the last.
My little men sleeping....shhh....
BIG BLUE EYES!
SMILE1!
Ashlyn LOVES camping...can't you tell?
The happiest place on earth...is where my men are.

5 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Thank you! You always write so beautiful, and I love always reading your blogs! It really makes you think...especially yesterday with EVERYTHING that happened. I can't stop thinking about Heath Ledger, and it makes me so sad, and then I thought the same thing you did...I couldn't imagine losing the one I love, and it makes me so sad that he left a 2 year old daughter behind, because I know Elliott would be lost without his daddy. I am grateful to hear that all is well with Paul, and today I will focus on showing the ones I love how much I really do love them, because you never know what day will be your last. Love you!

Unknown said...

I might be a little biased, but I have to admit Paul is one of the bestest around. I'm glad he's okay and that today is a good day! :)

Becca said...

Cristy,
It has been forever, but I saw your blog off of Ammon and Kirsten's and I wanted to see how you were doing. Your blog is soo fun to look and and read. Your family is beautiful and I'm glad that life going so well for you. I'm excited to keep in touch. Take care,
Becca Laing

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know that Brenda Parker emailed me yesterday to say she is back in town for now which means she will be at church to play the organ this Sunday. Didn't want to keep you hanging......

Kirsten said...

Cute post! Are good husbands the best?! Cute pictures too!