So now, the toys have been picked up but the dishes still aren't done. And you wonder what to cook for dinner. Something easy. Something to ease you into the week. Spaghetti! That's easy and a crowd pleaser! So while all the toys are being dumped, again, ALL over the HOUSE, you start on dinner. You call him and ask him to pick up some bread...because you always need bread with spaghetti, right? So he comes homes and everything is almost done...where's the sauce? No SAUCE!! Making homemade sauce is not the way to ease into the week! So he goes back to the store! Meanwhile dinner is now late and while he takes one with him - the other one is screaming! Then he comes homes you and you all eat dinner. It's cold but still a hit.
Then there are those dishes to do! You want to tackle them while he starts the baths. But as you do so...you hear a BANG, BANG, BANG, upstairs. As you run up the stairs all you can imagine is that someone has drowned. You walk into the bathroom and you see him holding one and the other standing in the tub. What's wrong you ask? One "went" in the tub! So you wash out the tub while the other is freezing. Then back to the dishes...then the ever-dreaded bedtime routine....then you try to finish the bookclub book that you never even start until two days before!! And then bed! Hallelujah bed! Well, until 3:30 in the morning! But then bed again!
You wake up the next day and decide today will be different! You get up. Get ready. Put on some make-up and at least blow dry the hair. And today will be different because...the breakfast dishes are already done!
4 comments:
Amen to that sister! And by the way I love your hair in this picture, in your words it's fantabulous! Hope you have a better day today since the breakfast dishes are done! Love you!
My days are always better when the breakfast dishes are done! And that pic was this morning!! I hadn't done my hair yet!
Sounds like fun days in the Michaelson house. What a way to start the week, hope it gets better.
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!! AMEN!! You crack me up...I love the way you write! The whole fireman experience was great too. Ammon and I saw WICKED this summer for my birthday and it was fabulous. I gave my mom tickets for Christmas! Isn't it fun to be "cultured" and go and see a show? A grown up show that doesn't involve Elmo or Clifford, etc? ;)
And I understand about the breakfast dishes...it seems like the whole day goes better if the kitchen is clean because I can manage one meals worth...when they pile up and it become two or three meals, I get behind and the rest of the day is horrid!! Have a GREAT day!
Post a Comment