Do you ever have one of those days (maybe not the entire day...just this moment) when your are just down and you don't know why?
Let's see...what could it be from....?
Did the sun shine today?...Check
Did I read my Scriptures?...Check
Prayers?...Check, Check
But somehow you still feel down.
Then the downess kind of snowballs. So then you wish you could do, have, or be it all. You wish you could be as skinny as the gal you saw tonight at a party, you wish every blog you wrote could be meaningful, or you wish you could make dinner every night - clean house - and exercise like your sister, you wish you could decorate your home and throw parties like your other sister, you wish you had the patience of Job like your sister-in-law, you wish you could have a well behaved child like your other sister-in-law, you wish you could sew like your moms, you with you could bring in income like your friend, you wish you could visit your family as much as your other friend, you wish that every time you were asked to do something you could just do it and be happy about it and not feel sick about how there are others who do it so much better!!!? But you still say yes anyway?
Everybody has talents. It funny how the talents we don't possess, we think are the good ones. As I think about the people who affect my life I realize that I am surrounded by so many cool and talented people. I learn constantly from others. I learn from the Mom of four, that are five and under, how to take one day at a time. I learn from a Mom of two little boys how to appreciate the silly moments. I learn from a Mom living on the other side of the world it's important to capture the simple moments. I learn from a Mom of six not to take life to seriously.
So when there are moments that you are feeling down and you're wondering why everyone else is "cooler" and more talented than you, someone out there thinks you're talented too!
2 comments:
Yup, I checked it again today! I know what you mean! But just think of all the wonderful things that you have taught me, and all of your wonderful talents. You have taught me many new things about Church, about cooking, and other things that I didn't know! You are a wonderful cook, a talented pianist, a talented singer, etc. etc. Those are talents I wish I had, and even though I will never perfect 2 of those talents, I will try to perfect my cooking! Smile, be happy, your beautiful! And don't worry about last night, everyone who was there had a wonderful time, and so did my sister. We will have to do another one maybe this fall when the new catalog comes out. Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day, and I will talk to you later!
Love Always,
Kris
Keep your chin up, Cris. You'll be alright! ;)
Post a Comment