9. Lathrop Ward - Not including my college years, this is the second family ward I have ever belonged to. The first was the one I grew up in and for the past six months the Lathrop Ward has been the second. As I sat on the stand last Sunday and looked around, tears came to my eyes because in six months I have made so many friends! I would say that I know 75% of the ward, including their names!! It's amazing how people can live in wards for years and still not know anyone! I am growing in ways that I have never grown before. I am able to do and learn so many things (after Sunday I will let you know the newest adventure!)
Some of Aaron's friends. I can't wait for the weather to get better so we can go back to the parks!
6. Date Nights - We did a date swap for Valentines and I can't remember the last time Paul and I were able to have a date night with just the two of us. And tonight we get another date night. A gal who has babysat for us before was told by her mother that she was babysitting for us tonight so that she could go on a date with us. It was too funny - but I am excited!!
5. Book Club - Like I have said before I have not been crazy about the books. I seem to like them a little more after we discuss it - but not my much! But this last book, The Scarlet Pimpernel was pretty good! But to be honest I don't go to book club because of the books. It's kind of like a Fresno Falcon Hockey Game - you go to a fight and a hockey game might break out. At Book Club I go to laugh and a book discussion might break out! Like hockey there has only been one intense discussion, by me of course regarding Happy Feet, the movie. My cheeks are still tingling! The women I have formed friendships with are gems!!
4. Tasters Table - Last night was our RS Taster's Table. Taster's Table is a RS small group activity where all the women provide a dish and recipes that go along with the theme of the evening. Last night was soups and breads! Yum Yum!! But the BEST PART was talking, laughing, freezing, and playing ping pong with some of the women that I love most here! I laughed so hard last night, I cried!! But I love all the new recipes I get to try!!!
3. Good Friends - I have made many good friends here. But I have to say though that there are 4 women who have changed me for the better! I will leave here a little better, a little stronger, and walking a little taller because of these AMAZING women! They are truly that kind of LDS women that I strive to be like; strong and immovable! ONE - I feel like I have known her my entire life. We even tried to figure out if we have met somewhere before. I admire her strength, her mothering ability and her will to survive. TWO - This woman amazes me with her knowledge and understanding. She is the epitome of a smart woman. She has an amazing ability to get me to grow in different ways! I can't say 'No' to her! THREE - She is one of those people everyone loves to be around. She knows who she is and you love her for it! I always laugh, 'till I cry, and have the best time when we're together. She inspires me to love others more and accept all for whatever they have to give. Her love of 'youth' inspires me to cherish my little ones. She finds joy in so many things!!! A few things, or singers, that she finds absolute joy in aren't my cup of tea but her intensity is addictive! FOUR - She makes me laugh! She has been a good friend. Some say to have a friend you have be be a friend, but she is there for me no matter what. Her willingness to serve, to volunteer and to go the extra mile amazes me. She can adapt to any situation and be okay with it because she sees the 'big picture.' Sometimes I can't see past this few hours, but because of her I realize that, it will all be okay and turn out for the better.
2. My Children - My kiddos are growing up! There are times when I wish that I could just talk to Aaron where both of us understand each other. But I am also learning to cherish every day. Ashlyn is growing so fast. It's amazing that she is already 1!!! I love them with all of my heart and I feel honored and privileged to their mother!
#1 Good Thing in My Life is My Hubby! - Paul is such a good husband. He is a great provider and protector. I almost never feel in danger when we go to Stockton! lol! Seriously, I could not have dreamed up a better match for me! Wherever he goes, that's were I'll be!!
4 comments:
Yeah! You finally posted another blog! I really like this one, and it was really sweet. But my question is, which # friend am I? I think I know which one, and I guessed the other ones too, but one I wasn't sure who it was, so I guess I'll be calling you later! :) Hope this morning went ok! Love you and thanks!
Love Always,
Kris
What a nice blog. Although I am not crazy about the word "blog" (who's idea was that, anyway?) I enjoy reading them. Last night was fun. Rolls and soup. Soup and rolls. And butter. And beating you at ping pong. Life just doesn't get better!!
Julie, the Manilow fan!!
Hey date night was great fun tonight. We even got our honey's to dance with us. Can't wait to go out again. That's what friends do!Monique
I feel jaded that I didn't make your top ten list. (you are in my top three)
Love your other sister
Post a Comment