Today was a good day! Today was Family Fun Day!! The best part of Family Fun Day was that Daddy got to spend the day with us and he didn't have to take a vacation day!! Those days are the best!!
So...for Family Fun Day we went to the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town. We had a great time! Aaron loved running around Fairytale Town. There were slides and treehouses and animals galore. All the fairytales one could ever think of were displayed in imaginative ways!! And Aaron loves the zoo. He loves all the animals!!! We saw lions, tigers and monkey's - oh my! Sorry, no bears. But there was a red panda bear but it looked more like a racoon.
Ashlyn's favorite part was the ice cream. I am pretty sure it's a sin to go to the zoo and not get an ice cream cone. Wait...let me check...yep, it's a sin!
My favorite part was one of the exibits in the reptile house. Check out the picture. While we were passing by a father with four children explained that "the one turtle is on top of the other to reach a high branch...so....let's move on." It was hilarious!!
Paul's favorite part was...probably the drive home. I have a wonderful husband who will do anything I ask him, but he is a "home-body." He would rather be home than anywhere else! He is such a trooper. We were gone for 6 hours today and then he came right home and worked in the yard because today is the last "No Rain!" day for the week - and I need a backyard!!
I live for Family Fun Days...I know, I know I can hear you, "Make every day a family fun day!" I'm working on it!
If there's a tractor around - Aaron's on it. Just like Papa's tractor!
Ashlyn's favorite part was the ice cream. I am pretty sure it's a sin to go to the zoo and not get an ice cream cone. Wait...let me check...yep, it's a sin!
Paul's favorite part was...probably the drive home. I have a wonderful husband who will do anything I ask him, but he is a "home-body." He would rather be home than anywhere else! He is such a trooper. We were gone for 6 hours today and then he came right home and worked in the yard because today is the last "No Rain!" day for the week - and I need a backyard!!
I live for Family Fun Days...I know, I know I can hear you, "Make every day a family fun day!" I'm working on it!
If there's a tractor around - Aaron's on it. Just like Papa's tractor!
Ash - practically perfect in every way!
Hard Working Man!!!
6 comments:
It looks and sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Three-day weekends are the best. :)
I didn't know there was so much to do in Sacramento, I can't wait to get back to Fresno and get my family up there.
I am so glad that you guys had such a fun time on our "stomping grounds!" I loved the zoo and Fairy Tale Town as a child, and I still do! The pics of the kids are so cute! Love you!
Love Always,
Kris
What a fun day together!! It looks like you guys seriously saw a lot and did a lot! That place looks really cool and I bet it was fun to have Paul along on the adventure. BTW Cristy, you look great!
What loads of fun! Little family "vacations" are always a blast! Wish we did more of 'em. awesome.
How fun! Paul was the best Home Teacher I ever had. For the 100 things about me, I didn't have any questions, I just copied and pasted my sister in law, Becca's and put my own things. It's really random, just whatever pops into your head! It's really fun though, do it. I'd love to read 100 things about you.
Post a Comment