Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Every Man Needs a Woman....

Every man needs a woman! And every woman needs a man....
and other women she can talk too!!!

Last Wednesday I hosted Play Group for my ward. Like I said earlier, I volunteered because for the month of January there were only 4 moms and a few kids attending play group. I thought, "okay I can handle that." Well...last week there were 8 moms and 13 kids!!! 7 two-year-olds and 6 under a year!! Holy Mess. Okay, now my home doesn't have to look like a model home, but holy cow!! Every toy, snack, burp rag, child, shoe, sock, purse, phone, bottle, some kitchen untensils and a red fruit snack were on my family room floor. OH the joys of childhood. So I took a few deep breaths, over and over, I was feeling kind of light headed...and got through it. I did good.
During every potentialy dangerous situation - take a picture first...do you see E.J's hand?

Just the beginning... I wish I took a picture of the 2-year-olds in the living room!! But here are some little ones...


So fast forward to this week...only 4 moms showed up...maybe the others hated it? Who knows...but we had such a good time. It felt like having a girls night out! We talked, and ate, and laughed the entire time! The kids played so good together!! I had some yummy food leftover from a party last night so we ate spinach dip on bread, apples with a cream cheese toffee dip, and oreo truffles. Now that is what I call a play group snack!!

3 little boys who are...

Best Friends...
Little Ollie!

If you think about who came it's kind of funny. I guess it could appear to be an exclusive club. Let's see....there was me :o) {- (this is me smiling) my name is Cristy - nice to meet you!
Now let me introduce you to my friends.
Here is my Friend Krista
Here is my friend Kris

Here to the right is my other friend who came - here name is Kristie. No Joke!

It's a hoot when we sit by each other in Relief Society at church and have to introduce ourselves to someone new. People usually just smile and nod. Maybe they think were joking...

Anyways, we had a really good time today. I had a really good time today and I wouldn't mind having playgroup every day!! It's good to have girlfriends.

They put ALL THE TRAIN PIECES AWAY!!!! Such good helpers!!!!!! grrrr.....

Trying to get the boys to look at me - but Ryan is being funny.
And then E.J. is being funny!
Ahhhh.... Handsome boys!

7 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Oh my goodness! This is too stinkin' cute! I love it, and I am going to have to steal some pics, and make a blog too, because they are just too cute! Have I said cute enough? Lol! I had fun too, and it was so nice just relaxing! Thanks for posting the pics, they are too "cute!" They really are all best friends, I love it! And so are we!

Love Always,
Kris

The Drinkwater Family said...

TOO CUTE! These boys have just too much fun together! I had a lot of fun too! Thank you for capturing the days events and posting them for us!

Anonymous said...

I think I will adopt a two-year-old so I can be part of the Cristy crowd. Oh, wait. . . I have already had four two-year-olds earlier in my life. Oh, just looking at the pictures makes me tired all over! Bring on the grandchildren, and keep them coming

Cristy said...

You don't need a two-year-old to be a part of my crowd! You can be a part of my crowd any day!!!

Lisa said...

Wow! You really had a houseful last week! But it looks like a lot of fun. I just don't have the courage like you do, Cris. Maybe I could borrow some from you one of these days. . .

Cristy said...

Oh, it's not courage. It's a little bit of "no other option" with splash of "insanity." Try it sometime, it's very liberating!!

kelly said...

Since you love comments, I'm leaving you one. Cute, cute! Your kids are adorable! It is so good to hear about how well you two are doing, it's so funny, but just a few days ago I was thinking about you and Paul and then I saw your names on Becca and LeGrands blog.