Monday, February 4, 2008

Ashlyn's First Birthday!!

Look who turned 1!


Hello Everybody! Mom says that since I turned 1 I can write a blog. I've been trying for the past few months but Mom said not 'till I'm one. So here it goes....
Hello Everybody! Ashlyn here and for my first blog I want to tell you all about the most wonderful thing that happend to me. I turned 1-years-old! It sure did take a long time. It felt like a whole year for it to come.
Mom planned a very fun Valentine's Party for me and my cousins. We even got to have it at Aunt Julie's in Visalia! We had a super fun time! We played games, made fun crafts and Dad even bought pizza for everyone. I love Pizza! We opened presents and I got a lot of fun presents! I let Aaron open most of my presents (you know how big brothers get when there are presents around - but I know there for me...just don't tell him.) Thank you everyone! I can't wait to wear all my pretty clothes! I'm already playing with all the fun toys! I love my pretty PJ's and pink dolly from Grandma and Papa Garrett. I love my nightime bug from Aunt Kelli and I love my tennis outfit! Oh yeah, and I LOVED my card from Uncle Ryan...he is always sooo thoughtful. I will always cherish it. His words will stay with me forever! ;) Aunt Julie and Uncle Pat gave me a swimsuit, and flip flops and a cover-up. I can't wait to go swimming in their pool! Mom says I can stay there all summer and swim. Well, not really, but I'm sure I can talk her into it! Oh yeah, and since I love to talk on the phone, my cousin McKenzie got me my very own Pink Cell Phone. So you can call me anytime.
I even got a call from Aunt Laura in Amsterdam!! We weren't home so Mom let me listen to Aunt Laura's message. Mom says that Aunt Laura lives far away now....she didn't sound that far away...oh well. Grandma and Grandpa Michaelson called too! They sent me my present in the mail. I love mail! I love my Grandma and Papa! They sent me my very own hodded towel that Grandma made, more cute clothes and my very own train, (again, Aaron thinks it's his...)
Oh yeah! And guess what else? My Mom gave me my own cake! I didn't have to cry for it, I didn't have to use HER spoon, I didn't even have to bite her knee to remind her I wanted some; I got my very own cake all to myself! Well, baby McKay was able to snatch a peice but I took care of that! Yeah Cake! I want to have a million birthdays if mom will give me my own cake. Hey...Aaron's birthday is in two months...I wonder if Mom will give me my own cake then? I'll have to ask. I'll let you know.
Anyways, I just wanted to let all of you know that I am offically 1! And I am lovin' it! I am pretty good at standing all by myself, but I'm not walking yet. Yeah, yeah, I know Aaron was...blah blah blah...but you just give me 6 months and I'll be talking circles around him!!
Mom says I can show you all some pictures of my party. Sorry there aren't some really good ones of me. I was having a bad hair day and I wasnt' really interesed in the camera. Maybe next birthday.
Bye, Bye! (pretend I'm waving...I can do that now!)


Yeah Me! The Birthday Princess!


Yummy!


Making Valentine Crafts with my Counsins!

Playing games!

Presents...

more presents...

more presents...

and more presents!!!

My Birthday Cake!

GIVE ME THAT CAKE!!!

Uhhh?

McKay knows what to do!

Mom helped me a bit.

Getting the hang of it...is that my cake too! Oh, my tummy!

Wait! I'll eat that too!

Cake!

Don't even think about touching my cake!

Now this is how cake is supposed to be eaten!

It's FUN being One!!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

CUTE, CUTE!!! I saw the countdown was down to "zero" so I knew it had to be around this time! Yeah...she made it to a year!!! I love the little crown! Where did you find that? And the cake pictures were so sweet...I love her little grinning one and the pointing pictures! She is a cutie! It is fun to have family to celebrate with!

Cristy said...

All the "One-year-old" things I got at Babies R US! There was also a cute birthday princess shirt and tutu but they didn't have her size! Maybe for next year!

Lisa said...

happy Birthday, Ashlyn!

Unknown said...

We're glad you had such a great birthday, Ashlyn! Rachel loved the pictures of you enjoying your cake! :)