Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Crisis Averted!!

*Sorry about the lack of pics - I need to find the cord that goes to the computer...hah!

On Monday night when it was time to go to bed the little man wanted his 'blankie'. He NEVER wants anything - unless someone else has it... I KNOW I left 2 of his blankies on his bed and the movers were NOT TO TOUCH his beds!!! No blanket! Aaron screaming! Dad giving mom the evil eye for being on the phone! What was I supposed to do...so we started opening boxes...crisis averted - after opening 102 boxes - we found the blanket! Just kidding...we only opened 2! The boxes said "shoes!"

So now the update...

The "loaders" are done. Everything is gone! It was sad to see all my stuff drive away along with my cars! All that's left is our stuff that we're taking on the airplane and 500 flies!!!!! So gross - I know! But what's supposed to happen when ALL doors are left open the entire time!!!

I have been saved by my friend Melanie today! I called her this morning because the kiddos were going NUTS at the house and getting in the way!!! So we met at a really cool park in Modesto to play. The kiddos LOVED it. The park was the spongy-ground - NO BARK!!!! She climbed up the play structure and went down ALL the slides all by herself!! Can I hear a hallelujah!!! My baby girl is growing up!!! Sorry - no pics!
I am still with Melanie and Paul is just finishing up with the house and then we'll go to a Hotel here in town and then tomorrow we leave for Oakland so that we can fly out at 0:dark-30 on Friday morning.

I wonder what else will cause a crisis...that is packed? hmmmm.....

3 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

I have still been pretending that your just visiting Indiana, but the more you post, the sadder we get! I can't even imagine watching all of my things driving away to the unkown for the next week or two! You are so BRAVE!!! Good Luck in your move! Please let us know when you get there and are safe! Love you guys!

Kelsey Marie said...

Aww SAD!!! :( Im sad I wasnt there to say goodbye on your last night in Young Womens!!! You were an awesome leader--too bad we only got you for such a short time! ;) But I know that in that short time you won the hearts of all the girls in Young Womens. You will be missed chicka! Good luck with your move!!!!!!!!!!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

:( We drove by the hotel tonight on our way to dinner, and I thought of you! I even looked for your car, but obviously that has been hauled away so I wouldn't have seen it anyways! Glad you found Aaron's blankie, and hopefully nothing else major will be missing! Let us know when you arrive safe!