Thursday, September 18, 2008

It was a Good Day!!!

Through out my life I have had 7 good friends. The kind of friends that you can tell your deepest darkest secrets - and trust that they will stay secrets. Well yesterday I got to spend time with 4 of those friends!! What a good day!

Becca, from Fresno, came to visit me for a couple of days! I am going to miss her so much! We were in the same ward when we were growing up - although I did not know her very well because she was two years younger than I was - but now I consider one of my dearest friends! When she came in to my house and sat down she gave me the greatest compliment a friend has ever given me. She said, "being with you is good for my soul." What she doesn't understand that it is SHE that is good for my soul!!! I have been blessed in a myriad of ways by having her in my life!
We had such a good time while she was here!!!! We talked, we laughed, and we watched a cheesy chick-flick!!! It doesn't get any better than that!! Especially when it happens AFTER all the kiddos go to bed!! ;)
Becca, my friend!
The kiddos loved it when she read, read...
and read!!!
Girls had a great time! Love that "cheese?"
And so did these two! Like always!!!

Becca had to leave last night around dinner time and about 2 seconds after she left we also left to go have dinner with the Zindel's in Stockton. We went to The Creamery! Yum yum! Good food and good friends! Paul met Garth in high school! They were not friends! They were in the same stake but rivals on the b-ball court! But then in college they became friends and then they met Leslie at Fresno City - before their missions. After their missions we all went out on a date!! That is where I met them! Now we're all married but as you can see - they now have 5 adorable children!!
Leslie has been such a good friend to me! If you look "friend" up in the dictionary - you will find her name. She is kind, unselfish and VERY service oriented!!! I have never heard a cross word out of her. I aspire to be a friend to others like she has been to me!!!

The Zindel Family - est. 1998
If you ask Paul he will tell you that Garth is his BFF!!! Too funny - because they could not be MORE different!!!!

AND THEN....
After I got home from dinner I went over to Krista's house where she, Kris and I had a Girl's-night-In!!! So fun!!! We had brownie sundaes and we were supposed to watch a movie. We kept talking and laughing and then pausing the movie!!! I think we saw about the first 15 minutes!!! We just talked and talked and talked! But the things we talked about?....oh, those things will never be known!!! Only those 4 walls will know! But oh my! That was good for my soul!!! They are good for my soul! I will miss my Manteca BFF's. You know how you hear about the people who get together with college roommates - years and years after college...well I am going to have a weekend with these two girls sometime in the future!!! I love them!
I'm thinking Disneyland - like 5 years!!! Okay 3 years...okay I coming back when they go in a few weeks!!! ;)
I got home STINKING late!! But man oh man! What a good time!!! We all felt like ZOMBIES today - some more than others...wink wink at the teacher... ;)
The time we took the next pics!! 2:37 AM!!!!
Kris looking good at almost 3am!!!
Krista look great too!!!
My Manteca BFF's!!!

...and then there's me... yeah...3am does NOT agree with me!!

I love my friends!!!
I can't wait to see the kind of people I will fall in love with during the next chapter of my life!!!
But - I will love these girls forever!!!

3 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

Problem solved??? I am so happy that we got to spend time together last night! I didn't function all day today, but I had a great time! For those who don't want to have nightmares about me, you can look at what I look like during normal hours on my profile!!! Love ya girl!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Oh my goodness! That was soooo sweet! I love you too girl, and I will miss you when go! But I know when we do see each other it will be just like "old times!" Your family is wonderful, and I know EJ will miss Aaron and Ash since he still talks about them! It will be so fun to get together again next week! I'm not good at goodbyes, so I hope you know how much you have helped me with so many things! This post was way cute, and thank you so much! Take care and see you monday!

Love Always,
Kris

kelly said...

Good friends are so important to have!