When I chose a major in college - I decided to chose something that could help me be a better mother. I'm not sure schooling can "help you be a better mother" but the things I learned have given me more 'options' or 'ideas' over the years in different situations. So for that I am thankful. I also know that because I have a degree - I can work - if ever necessary. You're probably wondering - why this rambling? Well, someday - far, far, away - if I ever go back to school - I want to get a degree in History! I love History! I found out going to Philly - how much I love History. I would love to teach history. I find it interesting that students (and I was one of them) love the subjects where they have good teachers. I hated math! And most of my math teachers! I loved history - and my history teachers! I hated biology - and my biology teacher! The teachers didn't make the subjects fun - in the subjects I didn't like!! I want to be that teacher that makes learning history FUN!! Someday...far, far, away!!!
I think that is why I loved the LEARNING in Philadelphia! I wanted to read EVERYTHING!!! I think that made it a little tedious for my fellow tourists!
Oh yeah! And I DID get to eat a Philly Cheesesteak in Philadelphia!! YUMMY! My Favorite!!
Brrrr.... Downtown!
A tribute to the first signers of the Constitution - and "the place."
This is sacred ground in my book - our fore fathers were led by the Lord!
My fellow tourists!
Can you imagine?
While walking around and seeing Constitutional Hall, the Church of Christ's Cemetery where Benjamin Franklin was buried, Liberty Bell, the Mint, and so many museums and memorials - I kept thinking, "Can you imagine?" Can you imagine what if must of been like? We owe so much and think about it so little!
5 comments:
How fun! I can relate to you completely in the hating math and biology, I always loved my history classes though! I have also always wanted to visit these places, so thanks for sharing! Stay warm!!!
You need to watch the John Adams series that HBO did. It's amazing. You'll love it if you love history.
You don't have to wait to be a teacher. You have a captive audience right under your nose. They will love the things that you love, because you make learning fun. Can you imagine how different our schools would be if parents exposed their kids to just the basics in a fun way? Right now your kids are sponges. They are going to soak up everything you expose them to. I know you know that already. I just said it as a reminder
Dad and I always love to go with you on trips because you do your homework and make the trips so enjoyable.
Sad to say, but alot of our learning is hindsight. Better late than never.
Merry Christmas!
Love from your mother who loves you!
xoxoxoxoxox
How much fun! And these pictures of you and Paul are so cute! We got your Christmas card in the mail-so cute! The kiddos are getting sooooo big!!! Did you get the package in the mail yet from Krista and I? Anyways, history is way cool, and how neat that you guys got to go visit some of those historic sites!!! I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!!
CUTE! I am finally checking blogs for the first time in FOREVER. Just got caught up. I am glad you got to take a trip, and are making friends, and are so involved in your ward. You are AWESOME! MISS YOU! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment