Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Don't Love You

"I don't love you" "I don't like you"
It's started with my little sweet pea. Sweet? Hmmm....

A few minutes ago she wanted pink milk. A special treat. I told her she could have a sip (Hello? Couldn't she see I was making dinner? And if I filled the cup up to the top with pink milk she WOULD NOT eat her dinner?)
She didn't want a sip. She wanted so much that it would spill over the top. So instead of drinking her sip (1/4 of the cup...I was sooo generous!! I know!) she said she was going to drop it on the floor!!! The floor!!! I would have to mop! Mop!?! I don't mop! Men mop! MMMMop for MMMMEn!
SO - she then says....wait for it...."I don't love you."

WHAT??!!! OVER MILK?!!!?

So...this is what I've decided...
Every time I hear "I don't like you", or "I don't love you" what they are REALLY saying is.....

"Mom, thanks so much for loving me enough to not give me everything that I want. I really appreciate all you do and I couldn't have asked for a prettier, nicer, lovelier mom in all the world than you. You bless my life. You are the wind beneath my wings. You are the best! When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!! And Mom, If Chuck Norris had a mom he would want that Mom to be you."

Think of that from now on!
I don't love you? Pshhh!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

OK that was the best way to look at that situation ever!!!! You are so right!

Kirsten said...

And you are back in the game!!!! LOL! Love it! Made me laugh and I sure needed it today. Nice job on sticking to your guns and maybe Paul needs a giant hug for mopping floors too. Hahaha!!! Keep up the updating...it makes me smile!