Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ode to Indiana

TOP 10 Reasons Why...I don't hate it here...
10. The people (for the most part) are way nicer than Californians. (I think the "New Moon" Crazy Lady must have been from one of the COASTAL states.
9. We can afford a house here...
8. We have cooler member neighbors than the last dwelling! FOR SURE!!
7. I have found a kindred spirit!
6. Everything is green!!
5. The summer temperature doesn't get up to 120 degrees!
4. The people are WAY passionate...mainly about football and car-racing!!
3. I have had some pretty cool callings.
2. Everyone goes to church on Sunday
#1. BESIDES this being where my husband and children live...Mickey and Minnie and all their friends are coming to visit ME tomorrow! Only in Indiana!

HOWEVER - Tomorrow it is supposed to SNOW...So the next post may be
Top 10 Reasons Why I don't LOVE it here!
We shall see...I'm just sayin'.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We could pretty much match your list about Texas. There are lots of great places to live and Indiana and Texas are two of them! :)

The Drinkwater Family said...

So glad you guys are enjoying life in Indiana! I can't beleive it's been over a year since you moved there. Wow how time flies! Little Man and Sweet Pea are getting so big. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so interesting to read. I tried connecting with people on facebook, and it was fun at first, but I lost interest in it. I found a friend on it who teaches institute in MO, and keeps ongoing comments about the upcoming class reading and discussion for her students that I thought was really clever.
I am glad you are back blogging.

Luv,
The Mom

Lisa said...

Cristy, you are so funny. But I am glad you are starting to find the joy in where you're at, and not wishing you were somewhere else. (words from one who knows.)