Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Roots and Wings

Last weekend - the fam headed out to Ohio to visit the Rasmussen's. We left Friday afternoon (later than we wanted to) and drove the 3-hour drive to Columbus! With my Sweet Pea potty-training and not felling 100% the 3 hour drive turned into 4!!! But when we go there - the drive was forgotten and the kiddos had a fabulous time!! The conversations turned a little...(for lack of a better - but very appropriate word) juvenile. I thought all "those" conversations were addressed and dealt with in February...but therapy commenced and I think...now...all is well! We shall see - when we have a repeat in January! I'm glad I have roots - some buried deep - but I am who I am because of them!


A good visit must always begins with a Dog Pile on Ammon!
hmmm....who called for that? ;)

Bedtime Stories... After the kiddos went to bed and the conversations had and dealt with....the adults played Ticket to Ride! That is my game!! I am the champion...when I win that game!!! I did NOT win this time! I can't remember who did...but I'm sure he cheated!! ;)

The next morning...too bright and early....

Sweet Pea had Ethan wrapped around her little finger!!


By mid-morning we packed up lunch and headed to a Historical Farm...I didn't know what to expect - but it was seriously cool!


When we entered the gates the first thing we saw were chickens!!


Happy, happy Chickens! Running around being so thankful that they were not Turkey's (it being the week before Thanksgiving!)



No so happy chickens after all...(GRAPHIC - the next 5 Pics!!!!) BEWARE!!!!



The house on the farm was following 1889 domestic standards of cooking. The things they had in the house would have been what one would see if one lived in 1889. The kiddos played with games, toys, and were able to make yummy-weird date cookies.




We left for a bit to eat lunch outside the gates while the boys played games and the girls played with bees!



During lunch we saw these ladies going in to visit the farm! "Don't lose your head ladies!" All those feathers can get a little distracting....


Brynlee and my little man (not wanting to get to close?) lol! He definitely takes after his father!!!! NOT ME!!
...now that's more like me...I mean - IT!!
Sweet Pea having a good time!!
Everyone trying their hand at the stilts!

...some with a little help from Dad...


...some with the help of husband...


...and some just rockin' it!!! But seriously - it was hard!!

More outdoor fun!
Working together!


When we went to the barn - I had my camera on the wrong setting - so my pics turned out funky with A LOT of the blurries going on! It's really too bad - cause the horse pics were hilarious!!!
This massive horse is not done justice by this pic!! The horse was HUGE!!
Finally!! He got to chase something!!!!
This is Little Man's..."I didn't hurt him" - face! Mmm hmmm....
My two favorite boys!
Who knew that a couple of rocks could entertain the kiddos for hours!
A fun day on the farm for the Michaelson and Rasmussen Family!!


So - if there's one thing I have learned...
It's okay to have ROOTS...


AND WINGS!!!




Thank you Rasmussen family for being fantastic hosts!
I hope to return the favor while we still live close!!


Kirsten - I LOVED "A Crimson Frost" however she seriously needs me to be her editor!! THANK YOU!!! I love great books that you can't put down!!


P.S. I am still missing the rest of my "party of five."


2 comments:

Kirsten said...

That farm was a seriously fun day! I'll never though as long as I live, forget the chicken beheading...ever. Disgusting!!!! You got some cute pictures...I maybe will have this blogged by February finally! I am so behind!! ;-) Have a great day!!!

Melanie Papworth said...

Go Cristy! Love the stilts!!!!!!!