Sunday, November 22, 2009

NEW MOON!!

On Thursday night a few of my girly-friends and I braved the cold, the crowds and the crazies (one in particular) and went to see NEW MOON!!! Hello Jacob!


THE CRAZY LADY STORY:


For those of you who missed "the crazy lady story" from Facebook...here's a doosy. (MY PERSPECTIVE) Okay so my BFF, soldier mom and my neighba lady left home around 9:30pm to go to the theater. After picking up my posse we got to the theater around 10pm. We picked a theater...at random...and took our seats! The middle of the theater - in the middle of the row. We were "saving" seats for our other 3 friends who were coming later. My friend "truth girl" had some company in town that she didn't want to leave to early..."prego" - prego x 2...and "baby mama" has a nursing baby that's about a month and half old she didn't want to leave until absolutely necessary.


So...the other 4 of us are hanging out, having a good time...talking, laughing, winning another ticket (oh. that was me). Anyway, around 11:15 - 3 females walk down our row, tell us were NOT allowed to save seats - pick our coats and purses and throw them at us!! (well...ONE of the three ladies does that.) I'm like..."excuse me?" (Totally lying) "That stuff belongs to our friends and they are in the bathroom." She said that she had had her tickets for 8 months (whatever!) and that we can't save seats. In the meantime the 3 of them take 4 seats. We are all livid now!! "Soldier Mama" got quite fiesty!! They were saving a seat!!! She said it was for her friend and that she was already here!! (another bull-honky!) My adrenaline is going and I am about to go through the roof!! She starts swearing and whatnot. I call my friends and they are walking in the theater...truth girl was in the bathroom!!! (hence, me telling the truth!! Hallelujah!) So they walk up - but with the crazy lady saving a seat we are one seat short! So - I tell them all to sit and I go and find a manager. While I was gone..."prego x 2" went and sat in the middle of them! So great! She turns to the young girl and says, "Since I'm already sitting here - do you wanna trade seats?" So they did.

By this time we had a lot of supporters in the theater telling us that this lady's actions were rude and NOT okay. I bring back a manager and he talks to her but she doesn't leave the theater. When he walks past me - he leans over and tells me that she will be leaving shortly. After her friend gets there she walks over all of us! I was sure she was gonna hit me! But...nothing. The ladies behind us asked me if they should clap. I said - not yet...while she was climbing over everyone. When she got 3 stairs away from me (because by this time I was sitting ON THE END!!!!) I said, "okay...Now" and they all started clapping. She was kicked out!!

I'm so thankful for friends! I think my "neighba lady" was hoping the crazy lady would do something. And the lady behind me said that she would jump on the crazy lady if she tried to do anything! I guess I didn't need to worry after all!!!


MIDNIGHT SHOWING!!!! The crowd got a little blurry...lots of moving people!
My girly-friends!
My BFF and I paying homage to our pic from "Twilight."
...LAST YEAR at "Twilight"...we are nerds! Me and the "neighba lady"

" Neighba lady", "the soldier mom", "baby mama"
"BFF", "prego x 2", "truth girl"
Our row...all the ladies...

...the time we left the theater! HOLY MOLEY I was plum tuckered!!!




New Moon Review:


I was soooooo much happier with this movie than I was with the last! I thought the acting was better, the makeup was better, the music was better, the clothes were better and just about everything was done better!!! I was NOT a fan of the book "New Moon" though. I did not like Jacob at all! However...now I feel a little differently... I'm just sayin' that Jacob was a bit hunky... I'm still for team Edward...however...


Anyway. I give "New Moon" to thumbs way up!!!


I think I am even going to go see it again! But shhhhh....don't tell anyone - they will think I'm a fanatic!!

3 comments:

The Insane Louthains said...

Oh, my goodness what a night!! You truly truly ROCK!! Truth girl owes ya big time...I was hoping I got the name because I stood for truth and righteouness...I guess in a way I did! Oh PS-how cool was that that Donny won?!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the movie brought out the vampire in everyone.

Melanie Papworth said...

Agreed!