Thursday, April 30, 2009

What Will You Celebrate?

That is the question asked by Disney this year. I answered with "My 30th Birthday!!!" So I left the hubby and kiddos in Texas with his family and flew to sunny California to celebrate my 30th Birthday at the happiest place on earth with a few of my favorite people on earth!!!
DAY ONE
I flew out of Dallas on Tuesday and Julie and Kelli picked me up at the airport. We went out to dinner and hung out at the hotel. On Wednesday we went to Disneyland!! It was so cool to take our time!! No rushing!!
Here they are waiting for me...I'm getting a surprise for my Dad!!

I think this entire day we went on 3 rides!!! I didn't go to Disneyland for the rides! But we had so much fun! We sat, we ate, we laughed, we talked, we watched and had a fabulous time!!!

Trying to get a good smile out the funky one!!

...like this...
...NOT like that!!! lol!
We played a couple of games while we walked around Disneyland! One of the games eliminated the "what do you what to do? I know don't care - what do you want to do?" We either decided on some things we all have NEVER done or we got out the park map - picked a number and did whatever was listed under that number. For example #43 is the Disneyland Railroad! I don't know how it happened but we also picked #1, #14 and #71 ALL DISNEYLAND RAILROAD NUMBERS!!! All Aboard!!
One of the numbers we picked was #68 Autopia! We did the child swap pass because we brought 2 1/2 month old Jace along!! While in line we saw this little girl!
This is what I call - "MAKING DO!"
When Julie told the attendant we only needed one car - I thought she was CRAZY!!! But Holy Cow we had such a good time!!! And I got her to do the gas!! Just like old times!!
This is what having fun looks like!
Me and Kelli! Again - the same car!! SO MUCH FUN!!
#44 Donald's Boat was closed so we settled for the Fire Engine!
Oh - and Smelli - I'll never forget our talk in line for #49!! I don't think we have EVER talked about all that! It was fun! It was good for my soul!!
#19 Cafe Orleans! The Monte Cristo!! YUM YUM!!!
DAY TWO
My Parents drove down for day two!! I surprised my Dad with a Daddy/Daughter Date!! We woke up - super early - went to McDonald's for breakfast and then headed over to California Adventure for 3 hour Segway Tour of the park!!! SO FUN!!
"The Room" in California Adventure!! So nice! I wish I took a pic of the bathroom!!
The food! Wish I would have known!
Just trained!!!
All done!! You see my Dad's smile? I have NEVER seen him this Happy and he LOVES Disneyland!!!! It was SOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!! We had such a great time!!!
Over to Disneyland with Mom and Dad for Day TWO - Thursday!
Golden Horseshoe Review - a STAPLE in our family!!! This was our 2nd show!
So not genuine mother!!
Here it comes...
That's a laugh!!!
Little Jace - just chillin'!!!
Arrrrg!!!
We had NEVER gone to Frontierland Shootin' Exposition - you know why? Cause it's LAME!!!
That's right! #56!! King Arthur's Carousel!!
Can't pass on the Tea Cups!!! But we could have passed on a couple of "boys" we saw in line!!
Weeeeee!!!!
I think this second night Julie and my mom went back to the hotel while me, Kelli and Dad stayed at Disneyland. We went on a the Tea Cups and then over to Indian Jones (ugh!) I go for the family bonding! That rides kills me! It is tooooo jumpy and jerky! So - we stood in line FOREVER - even with fast passes - and rode the ride. On our way out Dad noticed that there wasn't anyone coming down the line just before you descend the stairs to get on the line - so we hopped! I know!!! We were on in another 30 seconds!!! On our way out the second time - we saw ALL THE PEOPLE!!! Oopps!! His bad!
DAY THREE
We started out the day at California Adventures! The only thing that I absolutely wanted to do there was 1. Soarin' over California (the best ride on the planet), 2. the new "Toy Story Midway Mania!", and 3. Aladdin!! Other than that - I was flexible...well...almost! The girls tried to get me to go on California Screamin' but I didn't want to! Still a chicken! But I did go on Tower of Terror and um....yeah...I think twice in a lifetime is enough for me!!

California - STILL - Dreamin'
Waiting for Aladdin! 3rd row seats! I like to see facial expressions!!
Happy Family!!
The evening we went back over to Disneyland to see Fantasmic! and to see the Fireworks! We sat right on the edge of River's of America! I have never been that close! Mom came prepared with blankets and bum cushions!!!
Jace still hanging out! Happy Baby!
Getting ready for a show!!!
This is where I wanted to celebrate my big day...
with the people I love most!!!

For those of you who are thinking - we'll I'd want to be with my husband and kids...blah blah blah - I was! My birthday wasn't until Sunday and I did spend the day with them in Indiana. I flew out Saturday afternoon while my VERY SWEET hubby drove the kiddos home -alone- from Texas. I had a fabulous birthday month!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun to relive that week with you on your 30th Birthday. Thanks for blogging.

When I turned thirty David, Steven, Julie, and Kelli gave me an over the hill card. Ugh! Your kids are too little to know you are "over the hill". Lucky you!

You will be younger longer! (lol!)
I'm glad your 30th was the best.

The Drinkwater Family said...

How fun! Makes me want to go for my birthday! So glad that you had a happy one and enjoyed your quick Cali visit (which next time better include a quick trip to ole' Manteca).

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot about those guys in the teacup line. I laughed out loud when I read that. I had so much fun. Thanks so much for letting me re-live the good times.
Love Ya,
kelli

bretandjulie said...

Glad you had a great trip. The tour sounds fun too. And what a man Paul is to drive home by himself with the kids, you owe him.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun on your BDay!! Happy Belated Birthday Cristy!!
Kay

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a blast! :)