Tuesday, October 14, 2008

PROOF that We Have Arrived!

Well...we're here! It did not rain - thankfully - the day they dropped off our stuff! It was supposed to but every one's prayers worked!!! We are getting moved in...slowly. My hubby is a rock star and most of the stuff is done. Now we're just trying to find a place - besides the trash can - for all the odds and ends!
I'm sorry it's taken so long!

Proof that we have arrived!!!
Busy bees unloading all of our "stuff"!!
The View from the front door...
The "Dining Room" - but I didn't think we'd do much entertaining - so the Playroom!
The TV with my "stars"!! - for you Kelli! The stars are centered - they just don't look like it!!
This "silly" house does not have a pantry!!!! So I bought a cupboard! Lame? Maybe - be it serves it's purpose and it doesn't look as bad as this picture looks!
The cement patio we just had layed...laid...poured? Anyways! Love it!!
The view from the back door...
It's cool (I CAN NOT believe I'm about to say this...) that the neighbors don't have a fence either...because that's where the my kids play!!! Let's here for good neighbors!!! Also - the white fence belongs to our WONDERFUL "member" neighbors!
...and why I am overwhelmed!!!

I'm doing okay here - I don't LOVE it yet - but I'm sure I will get there! I miss my Cali friends and my family dearly!!!! I ESPECIALLY miss my sis! But I am so thankful for the telephone!!! I can talk to her every day and know that everything will be okay!
I will blog soon about some of the fun things we've done these past few weeks!

---I will also show y'all the rest of the house - it's just NOT picture ready...yet!!! ;)

6 comments:

The Drinkwater Family said...

YEAHHH!!! PICTURES!!! I am happy that you guys have arrived safely and are settling in. We miss you out here, but are glad that you have found friends in your neighbors! I still don't even know my neighbor's names, and we've lived here for a year.

..Kris Naven.. said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you guys are getting settled in! I am so glad that you put up pictures, and I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Is that where you are supposed to park your car? Good Luck with that!!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Is'nt funny how living in a different part of the country makes you feel like you are in another country? Pretty soon you won't even see it, but until then enjoy the diversity. It can only make you a better person. After one year you will understand why people don't put up fences or lay concrete.

The openess of the yards communicates that they could very well be a friendly caring community. I think you are in for a treat like never before.

I am so glad we have modern technology to keep us connected.

Love you guys,
Mom

Anonymous said...

PS
I think the pantry cupboard in the kitchen looks great. With a little varnish on the strip of wood at the base; no one will even know it's an added feature unless you tell them. Good goin'!
Mom

Melanie Papworth said...

Awesome pantry. Ours looked crappy in our last place, but I still did it. You've GOT to have a pantry! And yours totally goes! Well done!
House looks gorgeous. I am so happy for you guys. I miss you tons. Seriously. I need someone to pass the time with...Alan is coming home in 3 or 4 days! YEAH!!!! He'll be here for 2 weeks. We're SO EXCITED!!! And the days seem to get longer and longer and longer...
Keep me posted - hang in there! You are amazing! I remember when I came over after you guys moved in to your house here and was AMAZED at how fast you guys had that place whipped into shape! You're awesome!